TitanHQ partner, Viasat, has launched a new managed Wi-Fi service for businesses that allows them to offer their customers free, in-store Wi-Fi at an affordable price point.
The service is aimed at small and medium sized businesses that want to reap the rewards of providing free Wi-Fi to customers. Businesses that provide free Wi-Fi access can attract new customers and can benefit from customers spending longer in stores.
One of the problems for small businesses is finding a hotspot solution that is affordable. Most SMBs have to resort to setting up Wi-Fi access themselves, which can be difficult. Further, should errors be made, security could be placed in jeopardy and customers – or hackers – could potentially gain access to the business Wi-Fi network.
The Viasat Business Hotspots service makes the creation and management of Wi-Fi hotspots simple. The service can be used to set up Wi-Fi networks indoors or outdoors and has scope for customization. The login page is supplied in white label form ready to take a company’s branding.
The solution keeps the business Wi-Fi network totally separate from the guest Wi-Fi network. Two separate Wi-Fi networks are provided through a single internet connection. The business network remains secure and private and cannot be accessed by guest users, who are only permitted to access the public guest network.
Viasat Business Hotspots is an enterprise-grade hotspot solution for SMBs complete with a range of management and security features. Businesses that sign up for the solution can manage their hotspots through the Viasat management portal where they can view the status of the Wi-Fi network and equipment, manage user access, run a wide range of reports on usage, and customize their login screens.
Viasat Business Hotspots also incorporates enterprise-grade Wi-Fi security which is powered by WebTitan – TitanHQ’s advanced web content filtering solution.
WebTitan offers businesses the option of restricting the types of content that users can access while connected to the Wi-Fi network, such stopping users from visiting inappropriate websites, sites hosting malware, and phishing websites.
Granular controls allow businesses to carefully control content and apply application controls. The solution also includes a full reporting suite, which lets businesses see exactly what sites users are accessing, giving them valuable insights into user behavior while in-store.
Benefits of WebTitan Cloud for WiFi for Service Providers
Some of the important benefits of WebTitan Cloud for WiFi for managed service providers and ISPs include:
- Accurate filtering of web content using 53 pre-set categories and up to 10 custom categories.
- Filter by keyword and keyword score.
- Filter content in 200 languages.
- Multiple hosting options, including within your own data center
- No limit on access points or users
- Manage multiple access points through a single web-based administration portal
- Easy delegation of access point management
- Extensive reporting suite including report scheduling, real-time views of Internet activity, and drill down reporting
- Easy integration into existing billing, auto provisioning and monitoring systems through TitanHQ APIs
- Available as a white label ready to take your own branding
- World class customer service with dedicated account managers
- Highly competitive pricing
- Fully transparent pricing policy
- Flexible pricing to meet the needs of MSPs including monthly billing